According to a report, medical experts believe that the major symptom of constipation is when a person’s need to go washroom decreases three times as compared to a healthy person.
Experts from The Kings College, London, say constipation needs to be redefined in the light of patients’ experiences. According to the charity Guts UK, this is no longer a shame to have a talk about human wastes.
Constipation is a very common condition and apparently, one in seven healthy people suffer from it Difficulties in excretion or clearing of intestines are major symptoms of constipation.
Researchers say a new definition of constipation can be defined in light of six symptoms:
- Abdominal discomfort, pain, and twitching if the clothes do not fit normally on the body.
- Difficulty in excretion, bleeding, irritation, and inflammation in the rectum.
- Stools maximum three times a day or at least three times a week is a normal condition.
- Sensory impairments such as no need for relief or incomplete stomach emptying.
- Inflammation or swelling and bad smells.
- No control of feces excretion and bleeding from the stool.