Nigeria: Ahmadi Eldersâ€™ forum slams govt leaders on economic downturn
The Majlis Ansarullah (the E1dersâ€™ Forum of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaâ€™at) Nigeria rose from the 41st edition of their three-day annual national convention held at Ekiti State Government College, Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State recently lashing out at leaders on the unending impoverishment of the citizenry.
The council said urged governments to take urgent steps towards revamping the economy, through diversification and move away from a mono-economy; dependent solely on petroleum, as a result which the whole entity called Nigeria is now straight-jacketed.
The council said: â€œMost Nigerians are now seriously impoverished as a result of the economy that continues to nose-dive into depression by the day. They now live in fear day and night due to the activities of different ravaging reactionary forces in different parts of the country.”
The Ahmadi-Muslim Elders, at the end of the convention, urged the governments to urgently take the following steps:
- Leaders should realize that power belongs to God which He delegates to whoever He wishes through the agency of the masses, and accountability is also to God Almighty, through the endorsement of the masses.
- The political leaders (Managers of the Nationâ€™s economy) should see the resources of Nigeria as the commonwealth belonging to all and should therefore be transparent in managing them equitably for the common good of all.
- Governments, at all the tiers of the Nigeria Administrative structure, should sincerely cooperate with the Federalâ€™ Government in its present war against high level corruption, which has eaten deep; into the fabric of Nigeriaâ€™s economy.
- The Federal Government, should employ every humanly-possible means to free the country from the economic doldrums resulting from the countryâ€™s sole and over-dependence on petroleum, and invest significantly in the development of other natural â€˜mineral resources with which Nigeria is abundantly blessed; while state governments should try to look inward, rather than depending, solely and only on Federal allocations to run their States.
- Governments at all levels of the Nigeria political structure should, as a way of diversifying the nationâ€™s economy, veer significantly into agriculture as a primal instrument and potent tool for job creation especially for our vibrant but helpless youths and sustainable economic growth.
iRabwah | News Watch |
Source/Credit: Nigerian Vanguard